Scientific Communications Student Assistant Position
The UCI Brain Initiative is hiring a student to assist in communication, website updates, and social media marketing. The Scientific Communications Student Assistant will support, coordinate, manage, and execute social media strategies and will help develop new website content. Strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills, creativity, and the ability to support several projects simultaneously is desired. The student will also assist on communications-related projects for the UCI Center for the Neurobiology of Learning and Memory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and grow multiple social media accounts on all relevant social media channels, including LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Execute a multichannel social media strategy to increase engagement and social sharing.
- Develop content for communication platforms.
- Create, manage and distribute social media content including social media posts, photos, videos, graphics, etc.
- Assist in responding to customer service inquiries and basic engagement.
- Monitor and engage in select online conversations.
- Keep abreast of current best practices and trends in social media and visual content creation.
- Proactively review and provide strategic recommendations for enhancements to content.
- Gather and report statistics.
- Experience in social media, marketing, graphic design, and/or communications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Well-developed computing skills. Experience in WordPress preferred.
- Exceptional storytelling, brand writing, and social marketing skills with proven ability to develop content.
- Must be self-motivated, creative, and have an ability to manage multiple projects.
- Background in brain-related scientific field.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have taken courses in social media or who have completed a certification program.
Start Date: To begin as soon as possible.
End Date: Six months from hire, with option to renew.
Hours per week: 19 hours per week.
Must be available to work during business hours from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
To apply, please visit Handshake and search for job #2972396. The application closes September 10, 2019 at 5:00 pm.