- This event has passed.
2023 Inaugural Symposium for the UCI Center for Neurotherapeutics
October 6 @ 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Dr. Al La Spada, Director, and Dr. Rob Spitale, Associate Director, of the UCI Center for Neurotherapeutics are delighted to announce our upcoming Inaugural Symposium: “Exploring the Future of Neurotherapeutics”
The goals of the Inaugural Symposium are as follows:
- Introduce the center to campus. Learn about the vision that drives us, the milestones we’ve achieved, and our ongoing goals to further develop the center on campus.
- An update on state-of-the-art translational neuroscience research. Internationally renowned faculty will delineate ongoing efforts to understand the complexities of the human brain and develop innovative models and solutions for neurological diseases.Lecture topics will include therapeutic drug discovery and high-throughput methods to identify novel drug targets. Experts from diverse disciplines will explain how they are tackling the challenge of delivering small molecules and biological agents across the blood-brain barrier.
- Spurring interdisciplinary collaboration across campus. One of the core values at the UCI Center for Neurotherapeutics is collaboration, especially between faculty in the physical sciences and the biological sciences.This unique occasion will be a forum to highlight opportunities for cross-disciplinary interactions and explore potential collaborations. By combining our expertise and diverse perspectives, we can unlock new avenues of discovery and accelerate progress toward developing novel solutions for therapy development.
Our exceptional line-up of guest speakers and UCI faculty speakers include:
- Christopher Austin (former Director of NCATS)
- Michael Lin (Stanford University)
- Julia Schaletzky (UC Berkeley)
- Randy Ashton (University of Wisconsin)
- Anne Bang (Sanford-Burnham-Prebys Medical Research Institute)
- Viviana Gradinaru (California Institute of Technology)
- Alexandre Chan (UC Irvine)
- Brian Paegel (UC Irvine)
- Szu Wang (UC Irvine)
- Errol Arkilic (UC Irvine)
Whether you are a student, postdoctoral trainee, faculty member, or staff member, we encourage you to join us, so please mark your calendars!